Reviewed by Debbie Talbot
The weather has definitely got colder over the last couple of months. I can remember feeling like I had my heating on earlier than normally this year. I wanted to ensure that my 7-year-old twins were warm in dry in the changeable weather and so when we were offered two Isbjörn coats to review, we jumped at the chance.
The jackets arrived quickly in perfect condition. Tissue paper was used to protect the jackets and it was also in a clear plastic bag. My sons and I received two of the same style jacket, one in denim and the other in green. I love both colours so much, particularly the green coloured one as the colours are so vibrant. When I showed my little boys their new jackets their faces lit up. They could not wait to try them on. My sons and I love being outdoors, so having warm winter coats is vital for us.
The front of each jacket has 2 zip up pockets, one on the left and one on the right. There is a third zip up pocket on the left-hand sleeve of the jacket. The Isbjörn logo is on the front of each jacket in bold white, the simple design works really well. The jackets themselves are elasticated at the cuffs, a perfect design to help keep the elements out. The hood of the jackets are removeable. You can take it off and put it back on quickly and easily using the poppers. The hood has a peak design which again I think helps keep the elements out. There is a lovely simple design trim on the back of the jackets and on their hoods.
Product information obtained from their website:
- 2 layer material (membrane)
- Primaloft© Black Eco padding, 60% recycled polyester padding
- Two front pockets which are waterproof
- Front zipper with front flap
- Removable hood
- 1 point adjustable hood
- The inside of the jacket has a nylon lining
- 2 point adjustable in the hem
- The cuffs at the end of the sleeves are soft elastic
- There is a Velcro fastening at the end of the sleeves
- The waist has a snowgaiter with adjustable closing
- The sleeves can be expanded by 3cm
- The seam is 100% sealed
- There is a reflex at the back and on the upper sleeves (I think this means that they are reflective material – which is useful in the dark)
- 15.000mm waterpillar
- Permability 15.000gr/H20/m2/24hrs
- The jacket can be washed at 40 degrees
- Dryer closet or tumble dry at 40 degrees
- bluesign© licensed material
- Flourcarbonefree water repellent treatment
My twins love going to the local snow park. If we went again having these ski jackets would save us the fee of hiring a ski jacket. The jackets have stood up to some tough play in the school playground too. So many people have made comments about how lovely the jackets are.
These jackets would make a fantastic Christmas Gift Idea for someone who wanted to provide a practical gift. I can see the jackets being passed onto other children once my sons have outgrown them.
For more information or to buy visit www.isbjornofsweden.com.