Reviewed by Stella Young
I am one of these people who has somewhat unruly hair, it’s not curly and it’s not straight, leaving me with a never ending task of having to style it with a curler or straighteners. As you can imagine, I have amassed quite a collection of hair tools over the years to assist with taming the unruliness. So of course when been given the chance to try out a new curling tool, I jumped at the opportunity.
Upon opening the packaging, the first thing that struck me was how lightweight the curler is. This obviously makes a huge difference to the usual sore arms you get when you spend an hour trying to curl your hair. The curling wand is encased in a twister curling guide, which means you don’t come in to close contact with the wand itself. No thermal glove necessary, the risk of burning is eliminated. You clip the end of your hair in to the base of the wand, and wind it up through the guide, distributing the heat evenly. It did take me a few goes to figure out what direction I was going in, but easy once you get the hang of that. Once wound up in to the guide, you simply leave for a few seconds, unwind and unclip, leaving a perfect curl
I would say it would work better on longer hair than short hair. By far the biggest selling point to me is the fact it seems so much safer than other tools I’ve used, as 190 degrees could leave a nasty burn. My daughters are young, but once they are older, I would be happy to let them use something like this on their hair as opposed to something with an open barrel.
The Haito Twister curling tool retails for approximately £20, an absolute bargain for the quality of product. I don’t think anybody would regret spending such a reasonable amount, the results speak for themselves.
There are also plenty of videos on YouTube, if you wish to be more adventurous and try for BIG hair.
I would definitely give this the big thumbs up, and 5/5 for quality and value for money.
- 19mm Ceramic Coated Barrel. Enhances the condition of your hair by sealing in natural moisture, eliminating frizz and creates a smooth polished finish with added natural shine
- Maximum temperature:190oc (+/-10%)
- ‘Twister’ curling guide automatically guides your hair onto the barrel for even heat distribution to create a perfect curl every time.
- Curling clip to clamp the hair.
- Stylish black rubberised finish.
- On/off switch with LED indicator light.
- Professional length, 3 metre, 360o swivel cord. creates tangle free, ease of use.
For more information visit www.hairtools.co.uk.
Available to buy from Amazon here.