A Scary yet Smoothly Satisfying Halloween with Terrifying Treats made with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
If you’re looking for some devilishly creamy and dreamy treats for your Halloween party, why not open a jar of smooth, creamy and delicious SKIPPY® Peanut Butter and conjure up some ghoulish goodies!
Unlike any other, there’s so much freaky fun to be had from a jar of Extra Smooth or Extra Crunchy American-style SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which makes the ideal ingredient for spooky cookies, creepy cakes and all sorts of terrifying treats. You and the kids can enjoy making petrifying peanut butter delights that will both freak out and delight party guests.
Why not try these easy to make Halloween party recipes? SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Spooky Cookies and Crispy Rice Treat Monsters are guaranteed to cast a spell and mesmerise every peanut butter fan.
SKIPPY® Spooky Cookies (Makes 66 cookies)
1 340g jar Extra Smooth or Extra Crunchy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
250g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
150g granulated sugar
165g firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
3. In large bowl, beat together peanut butter and margarine with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in granulated and brown sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange cookies 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. If decorating like spiders, remove to cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Decorate to look like spiders, if desired.
5. If decorating like spiders, gently press mini chocolate button or chunk into top of each cookie while still warm. When chocolate starts to melt, attach thin pretzel “legs” by placing end of pretzel into melted chocolate. Cool completely then attach mini coated candy pieces for “eyes” and mini sugar pearls for “pupils” with peanut butter.
SKIPPY® Crispy Rice Treat Monsters (Makes 12)
1 x 340g jar Extra Smooth SKIPPY® Peanut Butter
4 tablespoons butter
250g mini marshmallows
145g rice crispies cereal
Edible eyeballs cake decorations
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in marshmallows and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Add cereal and stir quickly to coat. Immediately transfer mixture to greased 13- x 9-inch (33cm x 22.9cm) cake tray. Press with lightly greased rubber spatula. Let stand 1 hour. Cut into squares or rectangles.
- Prepare coloured icing. Dip squares half-way in icing and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Top with edible eyeballs cake decorations if desired.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (340g jar) is available in Extra Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, which are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and the International section of Tesco.
For more information and recipes visit www.peanutbutter.uk.com