***Win Start-Rite shoes for a year and a Micro Scooter in the ‘Start-Write’ competition***
As the nation hunkers down for another lockdown it means our kids face even more time indoors trying, once again, to make sense of the world.
That’s why Start-Rite Shoes, the children’s footwear specialist, is urging youngsters to write about this extraordinary time in their lives by launching a nationwide ‘Start-Write’ competition this week.
Experts claim through writing, children are able to observe and reflect, and are therefore better equipped to process feelings and help navigate change. What’s more, the cathartic process promotes emotional growth, not to mention boosts literacy skills.
Heidi Scrimgeour, mum of three and national journalist offers her tips to writing success; “The secret of great writing is simple – don’t worry about what anyone else will think of what you write – write for YOU. Think about what you can see, hear, taste, smell or touch nearby. Imagine yourself as a news reporter, capturing the colourful detail of this unusual time so that people in the future will have a glimpse into what life is like.”
How to enter
Running until the 31st January, the competition is open to all age groups and no upper word limited. Pick one of six questions:-
1. What’s your favourite or not-so-favourite thing about lockdown?
2. Have you learnt any new skills since being in lockdown?
3. What superpower would help you in lockdown?
4. Describe life for you in lockdown.
5. Think about the positive things that you achieved, enjoyed, remember from last year and what are you hopes and dreams for 2021?
6. Imagine a friend is finding lockdown hard, maybe they miss friends, school, or just plain bored, what advice would you offer to help them out?
Email entries to email@example.com and go to the dedicated competition web page for full details at: https://www.startriteshoes.com/start-write-competition/