Delicious, fresh, zingy and exotic – bring the excitement of the orient into your kitchen with Thai Taste’s selection of fusion recipes. Perfect for entertaining or a cosy night in, this authentic range of pastes, sauces and specialist ingredients makes it even easier to enjoy authentic Thai food this season.
With minimal cooking time involved, Thai Taste’s simple, winter warming recipes add a touch of creative flair to any festive party in a matter of minutes. If you’re throwing a fancy cocktail party Thai Taste’s delicious Mini Satay Chicken canapés are sure to get your tastebuds tingling and your guests talking. Or for a special mid-week dinner, why not put a twist on the traditional Fish Pie and use Thai Taste’s Green Curry Paste to create an East-meets-West culinary delight?
And to end the evening on a high, try something different with the Sticky Rice, Mango and Palm Syrup dessert. Simple to make, this is guaranteed to impress those with a sweet tooth and complete your Thai dining experience.
Thai Taste’s range of products are made in Thailand, by Thai chefs and use only the finest quality natural ingredients. For full product listings, please visit www.thaitaste.co.uk.
Mini Satay Chicken Skewers
Chicken Satay Sticks are always a firm favourite at any party and perfect for any Christmas celebrations. Alternatively you can make using turkey, beef or prawns, and if you like your food a little hotter add more sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 16 sticks
2 – 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
150g Thai Taste Satay Peanut Sauce
2 tbsp Thai Taste Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
Lime wedges, to serve
Shredded spring onion and red chilli, to garnish
1) Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2) Cut each chicken breast into 4 long slices lengthways and then in half horizontally to give you 16 pieces.
3) Place the chicken into a large bowl and add 100g satay sauce and the sweet chilli sauce. Toss until the chicken is evenly covered. Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes.
4) Thread the chicken in a zigzag onto the bamboo skewer.
5) Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 4-6 minutes turning occasionally or until cooked through.
6) Serve the satay sticks with a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkled with the shredded spring onion and chilli, alongside the remaining satay sauce as a dip