22 October 2020 is officially National Nut Day, a full 24 hours to celebrate everything nutty!
For the ultimate ‘peanutty’ enjoyment, America’s famous SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is smooth, creamy and delicious. With more than 91% peanuts in every jar, this protein-packed Extra Smooth or Extra Crunchy American-style peanut butter is unlike any other – you haven’t tried peanut butter until you’ve tried SKIPPY® Peanut Butter!
Americans love peanut butter and enjoy some of the most delicious peanut butter. SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made only with high quality peanuts sourced from the Americas, just one of the reasons the taste is so authentic! Fans of crunchier peanut butter can also enjoy the Extra Crunchy variety which contains large peanut pieces in a deliciously creamy mix.
The whole family will love the yummy taste and versatility of smooth and creamy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which is a great source of protein. Whether you’re Smooth or Crunchy, it’s time to grab a jar and enjoy this American style peanut butter.
Why not put some magic into your National Nut Day and try this sweet treat!
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 x 340g jar SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Smooth or Extra Crunchy
135g digestive biscuits crumbs
120 ml melted unsalted butter
415 ml sweetened condensed milk
180g butterscotch pieces
50g desiccated coconut soaked in 2-3 tablespoons of hot water and
2-3 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener
165g chopped peanuts
75 ml melted milk chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Spray a 20-cm square glass baking dish with oil spray and line with baking parchment, if desired.
- In a small bowl or large glass measuring cup, combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Pour into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly to form the base of the cookie.
- In the same bowl or glass measuring cup you used to mix the base, combine the sweetened condensed milk with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter. Pour evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, sweetened coconut and chopped peanuts over the milk/peanut butter layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to help with cutting.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator, let stand for about 10 minutes and
cut into bars.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, which are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and International section of Tesco.
For more information and recipes visit www.peanutbutter.uk.com