Schwartz 2in1 Recipe Mixes
Reviewed by Karen Curson
We received this product with a great deal of excitement, the packets we got were the southern style crunchy chicken with BBQ dip and the Mediterranean chicken pasta with cheesy crumb topping. Both were in easy to open packaging with simple step by step instructions. Very few extra ingredients were needed to make the meal, those that were needed were for the most part “store cupboard” ingredients which make it very handy for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
These 2in1 packs are broken into 2 sachets, one sachet flavours the main dish whilst the other contains seasoning for a complementary side dish or topping. There are 5 different flavours available:
– Garlic & Herb Crunchy Chicken Bites + Cheese and Chive Dip: Garlic and herb seasoned breadcrumbs for Crunchy Chicken Bites with a yummy Cheese and Chive Dip
– Southern-Style Crunchy Chicken Bites + BBQ dip: Black pepper and paprika seasoned breadcrumbs for Crunchy Chicken Bites with a delicious mix to create a zingy BBQ dip
– Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken + Crispy Roast Potatoes: A blend of seasonings for roast chicken including Garlic and Thyme with a special seasoning to create perfect Crispy Roast Potatoes
– Chicken Tikka + Mint & Cucumber Raita: Herbs and spices for a flavoursome Chicken Tikka with a cooling Mint and Cucumber Raita
– Mediterranean Chicken Pasta + Cheesy Crumb Topping:A blend of herbs and spices for Mediterranean Chicken Pasta with a Cheesy Crumb Topping
The meals themselves when made up were absolutely gorgeous the flavours complimenting each other perfectly with just a little kick of spice, both packs were yummed up by us all although the pasta bake was a little spicy for our girls however the addition of a dollop of a well-known cream cheese took the heat away.
We were so pleased with the outcome of these meals that we would defiantly recommend these to others and are looking forward to trying out the other flavours.
We give this a 4.5 out of 5, the only reason it is not a 5 is because our girls found the pasta just a tad too spicy.
RRP: £1.29 per packet
Available to buy in leading supermarkets across the UK.
For more information and recipes visit www.schwartz.co.uk