DVD released by Universal Pictures (UK)
Mon 3rd Oct 2011
**The entire series of the BAFTA nominated BBC ONE sitcom ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys
now available to buy on DVD for the very first time**
“outrageously funny” – Daily Mail
“laugh-a-minute stuff” – Daily Mirror
“… a bold and confident new comedy with warmth and humour at its heart” – Sunday Express
Brilliantly funny comedian Brendan O’Carroll stars as Agnes Brown in the fantastic Mrs Brown’s Boys. Mrs Brown’s Boys premiered on BBC ONE February 2011 and was nominated at the 2011 BAFTA TV awards in the situation comedy category, and now the complete six episodes will be released and available to buy on DVD from Universal Pictures (UK) on Oct 3rd 2011. The DVD also features an extra bonus disc of exclusive never-seen-before outtakes, extras, the original pilot episode plus extended scenes.
TV’s funniest and proudest mother, Agnes Brown (played by Brendan O’Carroll) is a hilarious, foulmouthed Dublin matriarch who, like most mothers, constantly meddles and interferes in the lives of her six children and friends – but with surprising and often hilarious consequences.
If you’ve seen Mrs Brown before either on the BBC ONE series or at one of her live shows, prepare for a riot of bad behaviour, all your favourite characters and of course, loads of big laughs. If you haven’t seen Mrs Brown, now’s your chance to join the party! It’s a little bit rude, a little bit crude and hysterical fun for everyone from 16 to 80.
Already an established live theatre show currently touring in 2011 and 2012, Mrs Brown’s Boys has been a sell-out success for a number of years in Ireland and the UK. This six part television series, specially written by Brendan for BBC ONE, is jam-packed with all the laughs and drama of Mrs Brown on stage and features the original cast from these much loved live shows.
Brendan’s hilarious portrayal of meddling ‘Mammy’, Agnes Brown, provides the comic heart and soul of this hugely entertaining comedy series. Adding to its’ uniqueness, throughout the series Brendan is joined by a very special cast – his own family – who take on various roles as Agnes’s dysfunctional brood. Brendan's real-life wife Jennifer Gibney as daughter Cathy, Fiona O'Carroll as future daughter inlaw Maria, his son Danny O'Carroll as friend of the Brown family Buster, and his sister Eilish O’Carroll as best friend Winnie McGoogan.
With a stellar creative team including director Ben Kellett (Armstrong and Miller), script editor Paul Mayhew-Archer (Vicar Of Dibley), and producer Stephen McCrum (Mongrels, Two Pints Of Lager), Mrs Brown’s Boys is a must buy DVD for lovers of traditional comedy and good old fashioned laughs.
Mrs Brown’s Boys was nominated at the 2011 BAFTA TV awards in the best sitcom category.
Mrs Brown’s Boys DVD Details:
Disc 1 – 6 x 30 minute episodes:
• The Mammy – A doting mother-of-six (Agnes Brown) constantly interferes in her children's lives while also running a fruit and veg stall and caring for her aged father-in-law,’Grandad’
• Mammy’s Secret – Agnes Brown worries that her family is keeping too many secrets when Cathy will not reveal any information about her new boyfriend, Mark will not confess why his wife has thrown him out and Dermot lies to his fiancé’s parents about the status of his job
• Mammy’s Merchandise – Agnes becomes concerned when Dermot announces he wants to ask his childhood friend Buster, a known – criminal, to be his best man. Mrs Brown is distracted when her neighbour Winnie's husband is rushed to hospital, leaving her son trying to raise money for his wedding by becoming embroiled in a money-making scam with his friend
• Mammy Rides Again – Agnes is disappointed when she discovers she is not invited to Maria's hen party because she is too old, so she and Winnie decide to crash the event, but they end up in the wrong venue. She invites Maria's mother round for dinner and is so nervous about impressing her that she gets drunk and the evening descends into chaos.
• Mammy Of The Groom – Dermot's pre-marriage nerves get the better of him and he locks himself away in a cupboard, so it is up to Agnes, Father Quinn and best man Buster to try to calm him down. Meanwhile, Rory tells his mother he is gay.
• Mammy’s Miracle – Newly-weds Dermot and Maria argue over whether they should buy their own home. Meanwhile, Mrs Brown tries to make Grandad happy by secretly staging a funeral for him, but the plans go awry when she mistakes two Mormons – who have been stealing Father Quinn's parishioners – for the men who are supposed to be delivering the coffin.
• Pilot – Dermot’s Dilema
• Bonus material – Trailers, extended scenes, exclusive interviews, original pilot, outtakes
Released: Mon 3rd Oct 2011
Prod co: A BBC/BocPix/RTE production
Cat No: 8282823
Bar Code: 50505-8282823-8