Reviewed by Joy Wright
The Colloidal Earth Spray is the perfect multifunctional
product to have in your makeup or travel bag! No known disease-causing organism
can live in the presence of traces of silver. Thus, colloidal silver has a
plethora of health benefits including; anti-microbial effects, is
antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and combats eczema (to name but a few).
The spray can be used AM and PM before moisturiser to treat pigmentation, eczema, acne, repair skin tissue and prevent fine lines appearing on the skin. Not only that but it can be used to treat sunburn, insect bites, help protect against pollution on the skin and even on top of your makeup as a setting spray. It`s cooling affect helps lock in makeup and hold it in place throughout the day.
The Colloidal Earth spray arrived securely packaged in a robust cardboard box and then securely fastened inside with plastic wrap which kept the amber glass bottle completely safe on its journey to me. This gave me some confidence in the company that they’re taking care of their products.
On exploring the bottle immediately there is no scent which accompanies the product. I found that reassuring.
Many articles query the authenticity of colloidal silver versus only ionic silver, there’s a whole load of science I won’t bore you with. However, it made me curious so using science-based household chemistry I tested Colloidal Earths Silver Spray which states clearly on the website about and I can vouch for the results of my bottle being genuine. Nanoparticle sized silver particles suspended in distilled water via an electrolysing process.
Whilst contained in amber glass I can also say that the product looks completely clear with a barely perceptible glimmer about it when poured out for kitchen chemistry class.
So far, so good!
Silver is proven as microbial and therefore a great antiseptic which was quickly very useful indeed. As soon as the spray arrived and I read about how silver can assist in keeping wounds free of bacteria I thought about my partners blisters on both heels from his new boots. We sprayed both heels and left it to dry and repeated this for a couple of days at which point they were no longer sore and had dried up and begun to heal. Now, those blisters were going to heal anyway but I could observe that they didn’t go through that soggy horrible stage, the main healing was complete in 48 hours and there is no scarring.
The Silver Spray is described as being useful for skin conditions and I experienced pregnancy miasma during each pregnancy and I have faint discolouration across my forehead and cheeks. I’ve sprayed Colloidal Silver every day since it arrived and we’re currently on day 7. I can’t measure change at this stage but certainly there is no harm. From reading up about the product the results can take some time so I plan to continue. Earlier this year my skin had become rather dry and whilst I suffer no sensitivity I’m always curious what a new product will do. The spray had no impact on how oily or dry my skin was at any time. Not at night, not under my makeup, not at all.
My friend often wet-shaves his head with a blade and on occasion he has accidents so we immediately thought of the Colloidal Silver Spray again. The shaving cuts on his head were sprayed once they had closed and have healed ridiculously quickly and neatly and so far it looks like they won’t scar either. They’re barely visible already.
One of my daughters suffers acne so we’ve tried for 3 days now using the spray on her face. My daughter has allergies and sensitivity so I researched the likelihood of reactions and found none but was watchful anyway. She may as well have applied water, she had no reaction and merrily went about her day. Again, it’s too soon to say if there’s change, but we’ll persevere.
Colloidal Earth’s Colloidal Silver contains 14 parts per million, is not tested on animals and is made in the UK. It is also WADA Certified and Laboratory tested. It has a variety of uses including:
- As a makeup setting spray – For those who have sensitive skin and/or suffer from acne are going to be conscious of the makeup they put on their skin. Spray Colloidal Earth’s spray before and after makeup application to prevent breakouts, as well as soothe existing irritating skin before application. It also promotes skin repair by reducing inflammation from skin issues such as psoriasis, eczema and rosacea.
- As a first aid remedy – Having been used for burns and wounds for centuries, colloidal silver provides an immediate cooling effect for minor cuts, burns, scrapes, bites, and bruises. In addition to immediate relief, Colloidal Earth’s Silver Spray promotes healing of cuts and bites as well, alleviating any itching or irritation and allowing it to heal quickly.
- For plane travel – Airplane passengers have an 80% chance of getting sick on a flight if they sit in the wrong spot near an ill passenger or by the toilets. Colloidal Earth’s Silver Spray is a travel-friendly size that you can easily bring on to spray on your face and on your airplane seats to ensure bacteria particles don’t infiltrate your space during the flight. In fact, Gwyneth Paltrow said that she uses a spray version of Colloidal Silver when she goes on planes, citing on her blog on Goop.com that “active Silver keeps germs at bay so [she] sprays this in the air around [her] when [she] sits down.”
- Alleviating pet dander & pet sicknesses – Boost the immunity of your furry friends by spraying Colloidal Earth’s Silver Spray. An effective antiviral, antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal solution, spray your pets’ cages whenever they’ve had their time outside to keep their immune system strong and calm any potential scrapes, cuts and injuries. It is also a great way to freshen up your home by getting rid of pet odour from furniture and their cage.
- Freshening flowers and plants – Humans, pets, and now your flowers – yes, colloidal silver saves these too! The Department of Horticulture at the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad found through their research that using colloidal silver helps flowers last longer as it effectively blocks bacteria, stopping nutrients and moisture being brought to the flower head, allowing the flowers to sustain its “fresh” look.
The Colloidal Earth 50ml Silver Spray I reviewed retails at £22.99 direct from the company and there are other products and gift packs available for a range of applications.
I’m giving it 4 stars for excellent wound results.
RRP: £22.99 (50ml)
For more information or to buy visit colloidalearth.com.