Reviewed by Lorraine Atkins
I ordered a takeaway from my local Brewers Fayre restaurant and arrived there 10 minutes later to collect. The menu has less choice than if you were eating in but I found it perfectly adequate. There was a varied selection of ciabattas and jacket potatoes in the snack section, over 10 main meals to choose from, 8 different choices of kid’s mains and a selection of sides, as well as 6 different desserts. There are also soft drinks available.
- Smothered chicken – a chicken breast covered in bacon and cheese, served with chips, garlic bread, coleslaw, a salad garnish and BBC sauce.
- Grilled salmon – flaked salmon with new potatoes, salad and a lemon and herb dressing.
- Battered onion rings, garlic mushrooms, garlic bread and coleslaw as a sharing side dish.
- Chocolate brownie drizzled with chocolate and toffee sauce and cream.
- Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake and cream.
The restaurant was clean and tidy and quite full. There is a Premier Inn next door so I guess most of the guests were from there.
The staff were friendly and brought me my order, making sure I had any sauces, condiments etc… that I required.
The food came out in brown cardboard type boxes of various sizes. The boxes were recyclable which is great and they had a coating on the inside to make sure they didn’t get soggy and fall apart with the food in.
I decided to eat straight from the boxes once I was home saving me from any washing up.
The food was still hot though as with all takeaways not as hot as if you ate it immediately it was served.
There was a plentiful amount in each serving and the food tasted really good. I must admit I was impressed. It was much better than I expected it to be. The coleslaw was particularly tasty and looked homemade.
I would say there was more than enough for 2 people and all for under £30. Great value and very handy.
The takeaway menu is available every day from 12 noon to 10pm.
I would definitely use the takeaway service again, I really enjoyed it.
For more information, to view menus or to book a table click here or call 01732 521630.
Brewers Fayre. Castle Way, Leybourne, West Malling, ME19 5TR | 01732 521630