Reviewed by Rosemary Knight
My young grandson, Oliver, is now getting too big for his cot so we decided to get a Worlds Apart toddler bed to make the transition from cot to bed so much easier. As his bedroom has been decorated with blue starry wallpaper, we chose the lovely StarBright design toddler bed for him, as the theme of stars and clouds complement each other perfectly. We were really happy that we could obtain matching items from the same range of furniture. We will soon be buying the storage unit and toy box table, which will make Oliver’s bedroom look absolutely fantastic.
The bed arrived well packaged in two cardboard boxes, with straightforward, easy to follow instructions. I often have difficulty with building furniture, but with a little help from my daughter, I found it quite easy to build this lovely sturdy bed in less than an hour. The wide slats made the bed seem extremely robust. There was no mattress included with the bed, so we bought a separate one measuring 140x69cms. The side panels on the bed provide extra security to prevent any falls, but can also be removed when necessary, and can be used to create a seat or bedside table. This is a lovely touch and will come in handy for when we read bedtime stories together. There is also a little shelf at the foot of the bed which can be used for storing teddies or books. The large cloud shaped headboard has a built-in moon night-light and stars projector, which switch off after 15 minutes, giving a lovely glow and providing extra confidence in the dark. The bed is quite low so it is easy to climb in and out without having far to fall.
The toddler bed is very sturdily made from MDF, is in an attractive neutral cream shade which will blend in well with most colour schemes and is suitable for ages 18 months to 5 years. It also looks great and is beautifully designed. It is practical, safe and stylish.
I was worried in case Oliver would be frightened and find it hard to adjust with moving from a cot to a bed, but the Worlds Apart Toddler Bed made the transition extremely easy. He is very happy with his “big boy’s bed”. He slept like a log, which made Mum and Dad very happy too.
I would rate the Worlds Apart StarBright Toddler Bed 5 out of 5 and would recommend it to all parents who are searching for a new bed for their little one.
- A magical transition from cot to toddler bed
- With a built in night light, stars twinkle twinkle on the wall above
- A moon softly glows on the headrest for nighttime comfort. Switches off after 15 minutes for peaceful dreams
- Ideal size and height for toddlers
- Low to the ground to encourage independence
- Large under-bed storage drawers for all his toys and games
- Side guards for tumblefree nights, which can be removed to create a reading seat for grown ups
- Sturdy in solid MDF
- Suitable for 18 months – 5 years
- Tested to the highest of child safety standards
- Mattress not included. Takes mattress size 140 x 69cm
Available to buy from www.argos.co.uk.