Original date 3/10/11
TRAVELODGE OPENS ITS FOURTH HOTEL IN SPAIN
& OFFERS 5,000 ROOMS AT ITS SPANISH HOTELS FROM €20
Travelodge, the UK’s fastest growing hotel chain, is opening its fourth Spanish hotel today in Spain’s third largest city Valencia. The new 116-room hotel is located near to the airport and offers rooms from €20.
To celebrate this opening, Travelodge has released 5,000 rooms across its Spanish hotels in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia for just €20.
The €20 rooms are available to book now and stay dates are between 3rd Oct and the end of the year (The offer includes the October half term break). To book visit www.travelodge.co.uk
Travelodge Spanish hotels are similar to the UK ones. You only pay for the room and not per person. A family room will cater for two adults and two children under the age of 16 – so for a family of four a €20 room works out at just €5 per person. Each room has en-suite facilities, air-conditioning, luxury beds – everything thing you need for a comfortable stay.
Why not take the opportunity of this great room offer and book yourself a cheap budget flight and take a mini-break to Valencia the birth place of the famous Spanish dish Paella. The city has something to offer all tastes, whether you like historic buildings, modern culture, beautiful beaches, trendy bars or shops to suit all budgets.
Take the chill out of this autumn and head for some autumn sun in Valencia and take a mini-break with friends, keep the kids entertained over the half term break or why not whisk your partner away on a romantic trip.
To help you plan your trip to Valencia, listed below are top five things to do whilst visiting the city:
- Check out the Cathedral, (La Catedral de Valencia). Conveniently located on the Plaza de la Reina, this is the religious centre of Valencia and one of the city’s best attractions. The impressive octagonal bell-tower is the landmark of Valencia, you can climb the stairs to the top, to enjoy the views of Valencia’s old town.
- Spend the day at The City of Arts and Sciences complex (Ciutat de laes Arts i de les Ciencies). This modern, educational and entertainment complex sits on the old riverbed of Turia Rio. Here you will find the largest Aquarium in Europe, an IMAX cinema, planetarium (which offers a virtual journey into space) and Palau de les arts Opera House.
- Awaken your taste buds at Mercado Central food market. One of the oldest markets in Europe, with over 8 centuries of history with authentic Valencian produce. You can buy ingredients for your evening meal, or find rare Valencian delicacies that make a good souvenir.
- Retail Therapy. Valencia is a trendy, stylish up-and-coming destination for shop-a-holics. It is home to many fashionable shops and boutiques. Famous stores such as Mango and Zara are a lot cheaper than the stores in the UK
- Relax and soak up the sun at one of Valencia’s two beaches: the Playa de la Malvarrosa or the neighbouring Playa de las Arenas.
Rooms are subject to availability
For full terms and conditions please visit www.travelodge.co.uk
The first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985, Travelodge now operates 483 hotels (33,000 rooms) – eleven in Ireland, three in Spain and the rest in the UK. Travelodge plans to grow its estate to 70,000 rooms (approximately 1000 hotels) by 2020.
Over 13 million people stayed with Travelodge last year and 90% of reservations are currently made online at travelodge.co.uk, where room rates start at £19 a night. The chain employs over 6,000 staff.